Seniors with Memory Loss, Dementia or Alzheimer’s have a broad range of needs. It takes a great deal of patience and kindness to lovingly guide them through this stage of life. Enlisting the help of a senior caregiver can provide many benefits, from social stimulation to an extra set of eyes and ears in the home.
For example, as occasional forgetfulness or lack of focus starts to be more pronounced, the caregiver can report this to the family and/or the senior’s physician. This allows them to track the progression of the condition and make changes to the senior’s care as appropriate.
Identifying if Your Loved is Experiencing Early Stages of Dementia
- Is your loved one, experiencing difficulty with:
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Is your loved one, struggling with short-term memory, such as:
- Forgetting where they left an item?
- Failing to recall why they entered a particular room?
- Forgetting to attend appointments, take medication, or keep up with other commitments?
- Is your loved one, struggling to communicate thoughts?
- Is your loved one, experiencing mood changes like depression?
- Is your loved one, losing interest in favorite activities or hobbies?
These may be signs of the early stages of Memory Loss, Dementia or Alzheimer’s. After consulting with your loved one’s physician, you should know that the Medical Center Foundation of Hartford wants to help and connect you to the resources that are available in our community.
Supportive Care Services Make a Difference?
Caring for a loved one with dementia can be very stressful. Knowing that there are caregivers that can help shoulder that burden can really help you handle what is happening. We understand the impacts of memory impairment and are here to help care for your senior with dementia. An Ault Day Care facility is an excellent way to fill your loved one’s day with a purpose and fulfillment in a safe and homelike facility filled with socialization and all kinds of activities.
When Memory Loss, Dementia or Alzheimer’s pose serious challenges to the health and happiness of a loved one and are negatively impacting their relationships with everyone close to them, the Medical Center Foundation of Hartford can be a valuable component of your support network. You can learn more about the Adult Day Care – 1022 Club. Just call 262-670-7568. A free complementary visit is waiting for you. Call Deb Holtan today.